Thursday, January 6, 2011

Small Pieces of the Big Picture

Hello All!
I am currently in a riad in Marrakesh, Morocco.  It is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed.  It is so relaxing and gorgeous! The owner got his inspiration from palaces around Morocco and other riads around here. The city is also a beautiful place.  There are a lot of people, locals and tourists, in the Medina - the old city.  Today we went shopping in the souks and I made my first purchase in Morocco, a beautiful tea pot!

 Before we arrived in Marrakesh, we were in Casablanca for a night, and before that Cairo.  In Cairo we spent a day visiting the great pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx.  It was quite amazing.  We all rode camels around the pyramids and even got to go in one of them!


 Those pictures are of my camel, Casanova :), the second pyramid, and the Sphinx.

Here is a peak of the riad that we are staying at:

 
More to come later  (I am hogging the computer)!



With love,
Lauren






  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren!!

    Glad to hear you arrived safe. The pictures are amazing. You have to tell me all about the pyramids and sphinx---don't forget I need picture for the house!!

    Love ya

    Aunt Stac

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you and see pics. They are amazing. I want to go to see the pyramids. Ah... Enjoy it!! Love ya and miss ya!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete